FSSAI stand for Food Safety and Standards Authority of India. FSSAI license is mandatory before starting any food business. All the manufacturers,Marketing Company or Seller Packaging Food Products, must obtain a 14-digit registration or a license number which must be printed on food packages.
This step is taken by government to ensure that food products undergo certain quality checks, thereby reducing the instances of adulteration, substandard products and improve accountability of manufacturers.
3 Types of FSSAI registration - based on Turnover
FSSAI Basic registration
- For small business or startups which have annual turnover below Rs.12 lakhs. Basic registration can be upgraded to state license with increase of sales.
FSSAI State license
- This license is applicable to mid-sized companies which have annual turnover between Rs.12-20 crores.
FSSAI Central license
- This license is applicable on large business with annual turnover above Rs.20 crores. It is also required in cases where you need to supply at the government offices or import / export food products or Operating in more than 2 states.
Regulations Apply on Food Business
Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006 ; Food Safety and Standards Rule, 2011; FSS (Licensing & Registration of Food Businesses) Regulations 2011
Registration/License is Mandatory
No person shall commence or carry on any food business except under a licence.
Every licensee submit a Annual return (Form D-1) within 30 days from the end of the period for each class of products. Manufacturing of milk and/or milk products shall submit half yearly Return. A separate return shall be filed for every license issued. delay in filing return beyond 31st May of each year shall attract a penalty of Rs 100 per day
Food business operator has to comply the responsibilities as per the provisions of the Act ( Responsibility mentioned below)
Sanitary & Hygienic practices
The establishment in which food is being handled, processed, manufactured, packed, stored, and distributed by the food business operator and the persons handling them should conform to the sanitary and hygienic requirement, food safety measures and other standards as specified below. It shall also be deemed to be the responsibility of the food business operator to ensure adherence to necessary requirements. In addition to the specified requirements (case to case), the food business operator shall identify steps in the activities of food business, which are critical to ensure food safety, and ensure that safety procedures are identified, implemented, maintained and reviewed periodically.
License Validity & Renewal
Registration or license can be taken for 1 to 5 year at your choice. Govt. Fees applicable on yearly basis.
Apply for Renewal within 30 days before expiry.
After Company incorporation, you will receive below documents
For Small or pretty FBOs. Business upto Turnover Rs 12 Lakhs.
Hotels and all Other food Business ( Turnover Rs 12-20 Cr.)
Manufacturer/Miller ( Turnover Rs 12-20 crores).
All Food Business turnover above Rs 20 crores OR Operating in more than 2 states OR Importer.
Our Expert give on call consultation to client first to make him clear about the process of registration with FSSAI,, Eligibility and Documents requirement.
Our Expert prepare your application and co-ordinate with you for all the relevant data, Business Details and documents requirement.
As soon as your documents, relevant data and Business Details reach to us and your application is Completed in all respect, we start processing your Registration/License and submit to the concerned FSSAI Licensing Office and help in providing any additional documents and query on demand of the Authority.
We intimate you updated status regularly.
Basic Registration Certificate normally issued within 7 days and State/Central License takes approx 60 days. Certificate send at your Email ID.
Helps in Departmental Inspection
We guide you how to deal with Food Inspector in the cases where Inspection is required by the Authority.
|Check Eligibility||Food Business Operator can check their Eligibility (whether they are eligible for Central License OR State License OR Registration Certificate as per Capacity/Turnover of their business) by clicking on the link “Check your eligibility” on FSSAI Website. IF you are Operating from multiple premises/unit, add each premises/ unit address details separately and check the eligibility individually.|
|Choose Registration Type & Signup||Choose Registration Type 1) Basic Registration, 2) State License or 3) Central License. SIGNUP at FLRS ( Food License Registration System) to create User ID and Password. SMS and E-mail will be forwarded confirming the successful sign-up.|
|Login to Prepare Application||
Login with User ID and Password and select 'Apply for License/Registration'. Fillup the form A/B carefully by choosing your state, Kind of Business, location of Premises, and Other Particulars. Click on Proceed.
Each location will be issued separate license (except transporter where one license will be issued for all vehicle of a single transporter/ business). In case FBO is operating in more than two states, FBO has to obtain one additional Central License for Head office/ registered office and separate license for each location as per Capacity/Turnover (State/ Central License).
|Apply||After Assessment all the Kind of businesses will be grouped under the respective ‘License Category’. Apply for each license category individually by clicking on the link ‘Click to apply’ link against each License Category OR apply for a single highest license evaluated as per the eligibility criteria of all the business by clicking on link above CANCEL button. Once clicked on “Click to Apply” you would be redirected to a page where a Declaration/Undertaking is to be accepted by you and once accepted then you would be able to proceed for Next Step. UPLOAD required Documents one by one.|
|Pay Fee||Once clicked on Save & Next it would redirect to the payment page. Fees payment mode options are is: Online, Demand Draft, Cash, Treasury Challan (TC). IF Fee Paid by Denand Draft/Cash/TC, Provide receipts no. and Deposit date and upload the copy of Receipts/Challan.|
|Submit||On success payment of fees Submit the application. Acknowledgement Copy generates bearing Application Reference No.|
Section 26 of Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006, laid down the responsibilities of Food Business Operator,
(1) Every food business operator shall ensure that the articles of food satisfy the requirements of this Act and the rules and regulations made thereunder at all stages of production, processing, import, distribution and sale within the businesses under his control.
(2) No food business operator shall himself or by any person on his behalf manufacture, store, sell or distribute any article of food –
(3) No food business operator shall employ any person who is suffering from infectious, contagious or loathsome disease.
(4) No food business operator shall sell or offer for sale any article of food to any vendor unless he also gives a guarantee in writing in the form specified by regulations about the nature and quality of such article to the vendor: Provided that a bill, cash memo, or invoice in respect of the sale of any article of food given by a food business operator to the vendor shall be deemed to be a guarantee under this section, even if a guarantee in the specified form is not included in the bill, cash memo or invoice.
(5) Where any food which is unsafe is part of a batch, lot or consignment of food of the same class or description, it shall be presumed that all the food in that batch, lot or consignment is also unsafe, unless following a detailed assessment within a specified time, it is found that there is no evidence that the rest of the batch, lot or consignment is unsafe: Provided that any conformity of a food with specific provisions applicable to that food shall be without prejudice to the competent authorities taking appropriate measures to impose restrictions on that food being placed on the market or to require its withdrawal from the market for the reasons to be recorded in writing where such authorities suspect that, despite the conformity, the food is unsafe.
Discuss with Our Consultant on Call/Chat
Check service details on website
Our consultant shall call you on success payment to start the process.
You shall receive mail for documents requirement
Upload Document online with Client login
Email us at email@example.com
*Login id & password deliver on registered email id and sms you
Login to check your assignment status
Online Pay Options
© 2021 All Rights Reserved. Developed By Tanu Softwares